These signs are related to the brain function and indicative of a disharmony between the Heart and the Kidneys according to traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). In TCM, the Heart corresponds to Fire and holds the Spirit or mental activities (sounds familiar? remember Celine Dion's "my heart will go on") whereas the Kidneys correspond to Water and are the fundamental source of the Yin, Yang, and Qi energies of the body. Their harmonious interaction ensures proper bodily functions. When the body is overexerted, either through work or study, the Heart and the Kidney are negatively impacted. This leads to hyperactive fire of the Heart and the Yin insufficiency of the Kidney, resulting in the symptoms mentioned above.
BrainNew™ is a Chinese herbal formula that may refresh brain functions.† The Chinese herb nourishes the Heart to calm the mind, tonifies the Kidneys to benefit the brain. The function of BrainNew™ is carried out by the unique combination of following Chinese herbs.
• Suan Zao Ren (Sour Jujube seed) nourishes the heart and liver, calms the spirit. Suan Zao Ren is a key Chinese herb for insomnia. Suan Zao Ren extracts can shorten sleep latency significantly and increase sleeping time in animal studies.1
• Shou Wu Teng (Polygoni Multiflori vine) is a popular Chinese herb for insomnia. Shou Wu Teng acts to nourish the heart and calm the spirit.
• He Huan Hua (Albiziae flower) calms the spirit and disperses the stagnated Qi energy to improve mood.
• Yuan Zhi (Polygalae root) calms the spirit and expels phlegm. The Chinese herb is renowned in Chinese medicine for improving learning and memory. The beneficial effects of Yuan Zhi on the brain function are being confirmed by modern studies.2
• Dan Shen (Salvia root) is well known for promoting blood circulation. The Chinese herb also nourishes the blood and calm the spirit. For insomnia, Dan Shen is often combined with Suan Zao Ren.
• Wu Wei Zi (Schisandra berry) is a famous tonic Chinese herb that both nourishes the Kidneys and calms the Spirit. Schisandra berry is perfect for insomnia and palpitation caused by the disharmony between the Heart and the Kidneys.
• Huang Jing (Polygonati root) replenishes both Yin and Qi energies to nourish the Kidneys.
• Dang Gui (Angelicae Sinensis root) is a common tonic Chinese herb for blood nourishment.
• Zhi Mu (Anemarrhena rhizome) clears heat and drains fire to take care of irritability.
| Radix Polygalae Tenuifoliae |
Rhizoma Acori Tatarinowii
Fructus Schisandrae Chinensis
Semen Ziziphi Spinosae
Caulis Polygoni Multiflori
Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae
Rhizoma Anemarrhenae Asphodeloidis
Radix Angelicae Sinensis
| (Yuan Zhi) |
(Shi Chang Pu)
(Wu Wei Zi)
(Suan Zao Ren)
(He Huan Hua)
(Shou Wu Teng)
The dose may be doubled for a quicker and stronger response as needed (e. g., in an acute phase). Consult your practitioner for precise dosage recommendations based on body weight and other factors.
BrainNew™ has a mild action and therefore it usually takes time before its effects become apparent. It may take one month or more before symptoms begin to improve. An initial course of treatment is suggested as 4 - 6 bottles taken at the full dose.