What does it do?
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), wind, cold, and dampness are invasive to the body if one lives or works long in such an environment. They hamper the flow of Qi (vital energy) and blood and slowly weaken the function of the liver and kidney, which are fundamental to the generation of Qi, blood and Yin-Yang. Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan acts to expel wind and remove dampness, removes obstruction in Qi and blood circulation to relieve pain, invigorates Qi and nourishes the blood. †
Modern biomedical studies relate the applications of Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan to arthritis. Du Huo Ji Sheng Tang is shown to inhibit inflammation reactions, to inhibit pain in several animal studies. It may also enhance the function of microphages to clear inflammatory tissues and increase the blood circulation1.
Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan is indicated in China Pharmacopoeia2 for blood nourishment, Qi invigoration, wind expelling, and dampness removal. The symptoms include cold pain, stiffness, and numbness of the low back and knees due to wind, cold, and dampness.
Below are highlights of some published human clinical studies on Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan1.
• Arthritis (rheumatic or rheumatoid). In one study 41 patients with the condition for 3 months to 21 years were treated, 7 were recovered, 21 showed significant improvement, 10 showed some improvement, and 3 no improvement. In another trial of 2 to 3 months treatment of 52 patients, 35 showed significant improvement.
• Sciatica and Rheumatic Back Pain. In a trial of 80 sciatica patients, 65 were recovered and 10 improved.
• Osteoarthritis. 14 of 24 patients were recovered after treatment of 1 week to 3 months.
What is the formula composition?
A proprietary blend of
| Radix Angelicae Pubescentis |
Cortex Eucommiae Ulmoidis
Radix Achyranthis Bidentatae
Radix Gentianae Macrophyllae
Sclerotium Poriae Cocos
Cortex Cinnamomi Cassiae
Radix Saposhnikoviae Divaricatae
Radix Codonopsis Pilosulae
Rhizoma Ligustici Chuanxiong
Radix Angelicae Sinensis
Radix Paeoniae Lactiflorae
Radix Rehmanniae Preparata
Radix Glycyrrhizae Uralensis
| (Du Huo) |
(Sang Ji Sheng)
(Shu Di Huang)
What is Available?
Guang Ci Tang
® Du Huo Ji Sheng Pian (JointsJoy™) 40 grams in 200 mg 200 tablets @ 5:1 strength.
Guang Ci Tang® Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan (JointsJoy™) 40 grams in 200 mg 200 pills @ 5:1 strength.
At a true 5:1 concentration, both products represent the most potent form of Du Huo Ji Sheng Pian (Tang/Wan) on the market. One tablet or pill is equal to 1 gram of raw herb. Both tablets and pills have the same formulation.
Du Huo Ji Sheng Pian
tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency.
A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula,
and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets,
which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe.
The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang®
in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility
and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang®
products, you are taking advantage of a
wonderful fusion of
science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today.
Guang Ci Tang® Advantages
Effective. Safe. Affordable
- True 5:1 concentration
- Double the strength of other brands
- Minimal or no fillers and binders
- No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes
- Comprehensive lab testing (e.g., heavy metals,etc.)
- Made in a cGMP certified facility
- Unbeatable value
- Safely used in the USA since 1995
Check for an independent US lab test report.
How do I use it?
The standard dosage for JointsJoy™ is 6 tablets or pills taken 2 to 3 times daily with or before meals. One bottle lasts users 11 to 17 days.
The dose may be doubled for a quicker and stronger response as needed (e. g., in an acute phase). Consult your practitioner for precise dosage recommendations based on body weight and other factors.
JointsJoy™ is a mild tonic and therefore it usually takes time before its effects become apparent. It may take one month or more before symptoms begin to improve. An initial course of treatment is suggested as 4 - 6 bottles taken at the full dose.
Differentiation in Usage
Pain due to wind, cold, dampness is typically mild but lasting, gets worse on cold and damp weather. Please refer to low back pain
for distinction of various back pains.
Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan has been safely used with few adverse effects when used as directed.
- 1. Do not use it if you are pregnant.
- 2. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you have hypertension, heart diseases, diabetes, liver diseases, and kidney diseases.
- 3. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you are taking other medicines.
- 4. If any adverse symptom occurs, discontinue use.
- 5. Stop use when you have a fever.
- 6. Keep out of reach of children.
JointsJoy™ is gluten free
In the Media
- 1. Chen Q. Renowned Patent Traditional Chinese Medicines: Pharmacology and Clinical Applications (1998).
- 2. Pharmaceutical Standards of PRC Ministry of Public Health Vol.8.