Hawthopower™ is an all natural Chinese herbal formula with Hawthorn berry as a main ingredient. Hawthorn (Crataegus) fruits are consumed all over the world in various forms. Hawthorn is also a well known herb in both traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and Western herbalism. In TCM, Hawthorn berries help improve digestion to remove food retention in the stomach, and promote blood circulation to disperse blood stasis. In the West, herbalists primarily use Hawthorn berries along with the Hawthorn leaf and flower to treat cardiac problems.
Extracts made from Hawthorn berries have been used in many studies to treat various cardiovascular problems. A meta-analysis of thirteen randomized, double-blind, and placebo controlled trials concluded that Hawthorn extracts are beneficial in treating chronic heart failure as an adjunctive treatment and symptoms such as shortness of breath and fatigue improved significantly with hawthorn treatment as compared with placebo1, 2. Hawthorn extracts were also shown to lower hypertension in patients with type 2 diabetes taking prescribed drugs in a randomized controlled trial.3 Another Hawthorn preparation was used to treat hyperlipidemia in 89 middle-aged and elderly patients and helped to lower cholesterol and triglycerides levels in 69.49% and 80.28% cases.4 Hawthorn extracts were found to reduce serum cholesterol levels in animals fed with a high cholesterol diet.5, 6
The action of Hawthorn berry is enhanced by inclusion of several other Chinese herbs such as Dan Shen (Salvia root) and Shou Wu (Polygoni Multiflori root) in the Hawthopower™ formula as outlined below. The formulation is based on the principle of TCM. Hawthopower may help maintain healthy cholesterol levels and manage body weight for those whose overweight is caused by excessive fat accumulation.†
• Dan Shen (Salvia root) is perhaps the best known and the most commonly used Chinese herb for promoting blood circulation and removing blood stasis.† Extensive biomedical studies on Danshen suggest that it improves microcirculation, dilates coronary arteries, inhibits platelet aggregation and thrombosis, and protects against myocardial ischemia and stroke.7,8 A Dan Shen preparation was recently reported to have successfully passed a phase II clinical trial for angina pectoris in USA.
• Shou Wu (Polygoni Multiflori root) is a famous Chinese herb that tonifies the liver and kidneys and grow hair. It also helps reduce total cholesterol and triglyceride.9†
• Ban Xia (Processed Pinellia rhizome) is a key Chinese herb that transforms phlegm and stops vomiting. In TCM, excessive fat belongs to phlegm.
• Da Huang (Rhubarb root) drains fire and removes toxins. The Chinese herb moistens intestines to relieve constipation. Da Huang is reported to minimize the increase of cholesterol and triglyceride caused by high cholesterol diets.
• Mu Li (Oyster shell) nourishes the Yin energy and calms the liver. It softens hardness and dissipate nodules.
| Fructus Crataegi |
Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae
Radix Polygoni Multiflori
Radix Et Rhizoma Rhei
Rhizoma Pinelliae Preparata
Rhizoma Arisaematis Preparata
| (Shan Zha) |
(He Shou Wu)
(Zhi Da Huang)
(Zhi Ban Xia)
(Tian Kui Zi)
(Zhi Nan Xing)
The dose may be doubled for a quicker and stronger response as needed (e. g., in an acute phase). Consult your practitioner for precise dosage recommendations based on body weight and other factors.
Hawthopower™ is a tonic and therefore it usually takes time before its effects become apparent. It may take one month or more before symptoms begin to improve. An initial course of treatment is suggested as 4 - 6 bottles taken at the full dose.
Check for an independent US lab test report.