What does it do?
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Qi is the vital energy whose smooth flow around the body keeps the body and its organs working in harmony. When a flow of Qi in meridians is stagnated the affected organs will malfunction. In case of liver Qi stagnation, one typically feels distending pain along the sides of the body (especially in the chest), easily gets upset, depressed, and has irregular, painful menstruation or swollen breasts for woman.
Xiao Yao Pian (Wan) disperses liver Qi stagnation. While studies have yet to fully reveal how it works in modern biomedical terms, researches have suggested that Xiao Yao Wan may regulate menstruation by regulating the secretion of hormones. In a study in which 51 patients were involved, levels of estrogen (E2) and prolactin were significantly reduced after use of Xiao Yao Wan whereas no change was observed in the level of testosterone1.
Xiao Yao Wan is indicated in China Pharmacopoeia2 for soothing the liver and strengthening the spleen, tonifying the blood and regulating menstruation. It is used for irregular menstruation, distension pain in the chest and hypochondria, dizziness and blurry vision, and loss of appetite due to liver Qi stagnation.† Below are highlights of some applications of Xiao Yao Wan from published and unpublished studies.
• Mood Enhancement. If you get easily angry, irritated, your mood swings often up and down, you fell depressed. Often times you also feel distension pain in the chest.
• Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and Menstruation Irregularity or Pain. You are a lady and each month you experience some tense days when you are short of temper, dizzy, thirsty, hot flush, and with distending pain in the breasts.
• Necrosis. In a study condition is improved in 23 out of 26 patients1.
• Breast Hyperplasia. Remission or significant improvements were reported in many separate clinical studies1.
What is the formula composition?
A proprietary blend of
| Radix Bupleuri Chinensis |
Radix Angelicae Sinensis
Radix Paeoniae Lactiflorae
Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae
Sclerotium Poriae Cocos
Radix Glycyrrhizae Uralensis
Herba Menthae Haplocalycis
Rhizoma Zingiberis Officinalis Recens
| (Chai Hu) |
What is Available?
Guang Ci Tang
® Xiao Yao Pian (EaseTonic™) 40 grams in 200 mg 200 tablets @ 5:1 strength.
Guang Ci Tang® Xiao Yao Wan (EaseTonic™) 40 grams in 200 mg 200 pills @ 5:1 strength.
At a true 5:1 concentration, both products represent the most potent form of Xiao Yao Pian (San/Wan) on the market. One tablet or pill is equal to 1 gram of raw herb. Both tablets and pills have the same formulation.
Xiao Yao Pian
tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency.
A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula,
and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets,
which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe.
The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang®
in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility
and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang®
products, you are taking advantage of a
wonderful fusion of
science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today.
Guang Ci Tang® Advantages
Effective. Safe. Affordable
- True 5:1 concentration
- Double the strength of other brands
- Minimal or no fillers and binders
- No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes
- Comprehensive lab testing (e.g., heavy metals,etc.)
- Made in a cGMP certified facility
- Unbeatable value
- Safely used in the USA since 1995
Check for an independent US lab test report.
How do I use it?
Take 5 tablets or pills 2 to 3 times daily. One bottle lasts users about 2 to 3 weeks.
The dose may be doubled for a quicker and stronger response as needed (e. g., in an acute phase or with heavy body weight).
As the herbal formula is a mild tonic, results may only be noticeable after 2 weeks. It is suggested to take 4 to 6 bottles in full dose as the first regimen. The dose may then be reduced.
Differentiation in Usage
Xiao Yao Wan is the original form of Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan
. Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan has the enhanced function of
clearing the internal heat.
Xiao Yao Pian (Wan) has been safely used by millions with few adverse effects when used as directed.
1. Not for use during pregnancy.
- 1. For best result, do not use it together with with cold medicine.
- 2. Not suitable for menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding).
- 3. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you are taking other medicines.
- 4. If any adverse symptom occurs, discontinue use.
- 5. Keep out of reach of children.
EaseTonic™ is gluten free
In the Media
- 1. Chen Q. Renowned Patent Traditional Chinese Medicines: Pharmacology and Clinical Applications (1998).
- 2. China Pharmacopoeia 2000.