What does it do?
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Zuo Gui Wan reinforces the kidney and nourishes Yin of the Yin-Yang principles. Yin and Yang are the opposing principles that depend on each other for existence within any subject as a whole, such as female and male for mankind, dark and light for a complete day, negative and positive for numbers. A robust interaction and balance of Yin-Yang forms the basis of a good health. The kidney is the innate foundation of all organs with respect to the Yin-Yang principles, Qi essence etc.
How Zuo Gui Wan works in modern biomedical terms is still not clear. However, some researches suggest that it increases markedly the production of male sex hormone testosterone in mice and human patients with kidney Yin deficiency and promotes the development and growth of testes and uterus.1
Zuo Gui Wan is indicated in China Pharmacopoeia2 for Yin deficiency of kidney; weakness and soreness of the loins and the knees; sweating; lassitude; dry mouth and throat.
Zuo Gui Wan is mainly applied for:
• Sexual wellness. It is used for loss of sex desire and energy and failure to sustain firm erection in association with the weakness and soreness of the loins and knees,seminal emission, dizziness, and tinnitus.† (see sexual wellness for more info).
• Persistent Back Pain due to the kidney Yin deficiency. The pain typically gets heavier after overwork but relieved after rest and is accompanied with dizziness, tinnitus, sweat and emission.
• Female infertility. In a clinical study, 48 infertile female who suffered kidney deficiency in TCM's terms were treated with Zuo Gui Wan or You Gui Pian. 35 female got pregnant after 1 year. 1
• Amenorrhea - no menstrual periods. Studies show Zuo Gui Wan restores menstrual periods in most women who suffer amenorrhea after 2-3 months use of it.1
What is the formula composition?
A proprietary blend of
| Radix Rehmanniae Preparata |
Rhizoma Dioscoreae Oppositae
Fructus Corni Officinalis
Colla Cornus Cervi
Colla Carapacis Et Plastri Testudinis
Fructus Lycii Chinensis
Semen Cuscutae Chinensis
Radix Achyranthis Bidentatae
| (Shu Di Huang) |
(Shan Zhu Yu)
(Lu Jiao Jiao)
(Gui Ban Jiao)
(Gou Qi Zi)
(Tu Si Zi)
What is Available?
Guang Ci Tang
® Zuo Gui Pian (YinVive Plus™) 40 grams in 200 mg 200 tablets @ 5:1 strength.
At a true 5:1 concentration, this product represents the most potent form of Zuo Gui Pian (Wan/Yin) on the market. One tablet is equal to 1 gram of raw herb.
Please note that Guang Ci Tang® Zuo Gui Wan in the pill form, which has the same formulation as the tablet, is discontinued.
Zuo Gui Pian
tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency.
A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula,
and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets,
which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe.
The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang®
in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility
and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang®
products, you are taking advantage of a
wonderful fusion of
science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today.
Guang Ci Tang® Advantages
Effective. Safe. Affordable
- True 5:1 concentration
- Double the strength of other brands
- Minimal or no fillers and binders
- No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes
- Comprehensive lab testing (e.g., heavy metals,etc.)
- Made in a cGMP certified facility
- Unbeatable value
- Safely used in the USA since 1995
How do I use it?
The standard dosage for YinVive Plus™ is 5 tablets taken 2 to 3 times daily with or before meals. One bottle lasts users 2 to 3 weeks. The dose may be doubled for a quicker and stronger response as needed (e. g., in an acute phase). Consult your practitioner for precise dosage recommendations based on body weight and other factors.
YinVive Plus™ is a mild tonic and therefore it usually takes time before its effects become apparent. It may take one month or more before symptoms begin to improve. An initial course of treatment is suggested as 6 bottles taken at the full dose.
Differentiation in Usage
YinVive Plus™ is closely related to YinVive
™ in nourishing kidney Yin. Zuo Gui Wan is stronger than YinVive and needs the support of good digestion system.
YinVive Plus™ differs from YanVive Plus™, which nourishes kidney Yang deficiency. You Gui Wan is more suitable for people who feel cold in the limbs whereas Zuo Gui Wan is for people who feel low fever and sweat.
Zuo Gui Wan has been safely used with few adverse effects when taken as directed.
1. Not for use during pregnancy.
- 1. Do not use it by children.
- 2. Do not use it if you are taking cold medicines.
- 3. Discontinue use if any adverse symptom like appetite loss occurs. YinVive™ may be alternatively used.
- 4. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you are taking other medicines.
- 5. Keep out of reach of children.
YinVive Plus™ is gluten free
In the Media
- 1. Chen Q. Renowned Patent Traditional Chinese Medicines: Pharmocology and Clinical Applications (1998).
- 2. China Pharmacopoeia: Ministry of Public Health Standards. Volume 1.
- by X. Li, Ph. D.