To enhance the function of Angelicae Sinensis and Astragalus, Dang Gui Pian (Wan) also contains several other Chinese herbs such as Yi Mu Cao (Motherwort) and Ji Xue Teng (Millettia Vine). Motherwort acts to invigorate the blood and regulate the menstruation cycle whereas Millettia is known to replenish and invigorate the blood. † The properties are similar to that of Dang Gui. Therefore the whole formulation may achieve a stronger action both in nourishing the blood and keeping the right cycle.
Some studies have been done and started to reveal how the formula works in modern biomedical terms. For example, Dang Gui Bu Xue Tang has been found to induce the production of erythropoietin (EPO) in cultured liver cells.1 EPO is a natural hormone produced by the liver and kidney that promotes the formation of red blood cells in the bone marrow. The same molecule is being manufactured as red blood production drugs by pharmaceutical companies under the names like Epogen and Procrit etc.
What is the formula composition?
A proprietary blend of
| Radix Angelicae Sinensis|
Radix Astragali Membranacei
Rhizoma Ligustici Chuangxiong
Radix Polygoni Multiflori
| (Dang Gui)|
(Yi Mu Cao)
(Ji Xue Teng)
Dang Gui Pian (Wan) tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency. A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula, and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets, which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe. The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang® in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang® products, you are taking advantage of a wonderful fusion of science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today.
- True 5:1 concentration
- Double the strength of other brands
- Minimal or no fillers and binders
- No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes
- Comprehensive lab testing (e.g., heavy metals,etc.)
- Made in a cGMP certified facility
- Unbeatable value
- Safely used in the USA since 1995
- Do not use during menstruation.
- Do not use if you have Yin deficiency symptoms like hot flash.
- Not suitable for use if you are taking Chinese cold medicine.
- Not suitable for use if pain increases with pressure on abdomen during or before menstruation.
- Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you are taking other medicines.
- Keep out of reach of children.