What does it do?
The current Dang Gui formula is based on the classic Chinese herbal remedy Dang Gui Bu Xue Tang, in which Dang Gui and Huang Qi (Astragalus) are combined together. In traditional Chinese medicine, Dang Gui replenishes the blood and removes blood stasis. Dang Gui also regulates menstruation and alleviates pain.†
Huang Qi nourishes the Qi energy which serves as the source of blood production. The combination makes Dang Gui Bu Xue Tang famous for use in generating blood as often needed after menses or when anemia is evident from symptoms like pale face and skin etc.
To enhance the function of Angelicae Sinensis and Astragalus, Dang Gui Pian (Wan) also contains several other Chinese herbs such as Yi Mu Cao (Motherwort) and Ji Xue Teng (Millettia Vine). Motherwort acts to invigorate the blood and regulate the menstruation cycle whereas Millettia is known to replenish and invigorate the blood. † The properties are similar to that of Dang Gui. Therefore the whole formulation may achieve a stronger action both in nourishing the blood and keeping the right cycle.
Some studies have been done and started to reveal how the formula works in modern biomedical terms. For example, Dang Gui Bu Xue Tang has been found to induce the production of erythropoietin (EPO) in cultured liver cells.1 EPO is a natural hormone produced by the liver and kidney that promotes the formation of red blood cells in the bone marrow. The same molecule is being manufactured as red blood production drugs by pharmaceutical companies under the names like Epogen and Procrit etc.
What is the formula composition?
A proprietary blend* of
| Radix Angelicae Sinensis |
Radix Astragali Membranacei
Rhizoma Ligustici Chuangxiong
Radix Polygoni Multiflori
| (Dang Gui) |
(Yi Mu Cao)
(Ji Xue Teng)
What is Available?
Guang Ci Tang
® 40 grams in 200 mg 200 tablets or 200 mg 200 pills per bottle.
Dang Gui Pian (Wan)
tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency.
A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula,
and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets,
which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe.
The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang®
in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility
and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang®
products, you are taking advantage of a
wonderful fusion of
science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today.
Guang Ci Tang® Advantages
Effective. Safe. Affordable
- True 5:1 concentration
- Double the strength of other brands
- Minimal or no fillers and binders
- No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes
- Comprehensive lab testing (e.g., heavy metals,etc.)
- Made in a cGMP certified facility
- Unbeatable value
- Safely used in the USA since 1995
How do I use it?
Take 5 to 7 pills or tablets three times daily.
Differentiation in Usage
Dang Gui Pian has been safely used with few adverse effects when taken as directed.
1. Not for use during pregnancy.
- 1. Do not use during menstruation.
- 2. Do not use if you have Yin deficiency symptoms like hot flash.
- 3. Not suitable for use if you are taking Chinese cold medicine.
- 4. Not suitable for use if pain increases with pressure on abdomen during or before menstruation.
- 5. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you are taking other medicines.
- 6. Keep out of reach of children.
HemoVigor™ is gluten free
In the Media
- 1. Gao QT et al., A Chinese herbal decoction prepared from Radix Astragali and Radix Angelicae Sinensis induces the expression of erythropoietin in cultured Hep3B cells. Planta Med. 2008 Mar;74(4):392-5