What does it do?
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the heart controls the blood and stores Shen (the spirit), the spleen absorbs the nutrients we eat and transport them to the blood. When the heart function is weak, one may develop anemia, palpitation, and pale face; one may also have difficulty to fall into sleep, be easy to forget things. When the spleen function is weak, digestion is impaired, the blood is not well nourished and may not be hold well in the blood vessels, which may increase the tendency of bleeding.
Gui Pi Pian (Wan) strengthens the spleen and the heart, nourishes blood and Qi, calms the mind.† How it acts in modern biochemical terms is not yet understood. Gui Pi Wan has been indicated in China Pharmacopoeia1 for use in heart and spleen deficiency, palpitation, short of breath, insomnia, amnesia, dreamness, dizziness, bodily tiredness, and poor appetite. † Below are highlights of some applications of Gui Pi Wan from published and unpublished studies.
• Insomnia, amnesia and other complaints due to overwork or study. You are a professional or a college student, you are overwhelmed by your work, you start to feel hard to fall into sleep, hard to remember what you just learn, hard to concentrate, easy to wakeup at night, you feel tired most of the time, and have no appetite. In a clinical study involving 100 such cases, improvement was observed in 91 cases after use of Gui Pi Tang.2
• Anemia. In a study, 24 out of 24 plastic anemia patients showed improvement at the level of hemoglobin.2
• Platelet reduction (Purpura). Platelet counts were restored in 25 out of 35 cases in a study. 2
• Uterine functional bleeding.
What is the formula composition?
A proprietary blend* of
| Sclerotium Poriae Cocos |
Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae
Semen Ziziphi Spinosae
Radix Astragali Membranacei
Radix Codonopsis Pilosulae
Arillus Euphoriae Longanae
Radix Angelicae Sinensis
Radix Polygalae Tenuifoliae
Radix Glycyrrhizae Uralensis
Rhizoma Zingiberis Officinalis Recens
Radix Aucklandiae Lappae
| (Fu Ling) |
(Suan Zao Ren)
(Long Yan Rou)
What is Available?
Guang Ci Tang
® Gui Pi Pian (SpleenVive™) 40 grams in 200 mg 200 tablets @ 5:1 strength.
Guang Ci Tang® Gui Pi Wan (SpleenVive™) 40 grams in 200 mg 200 pills @ 5:1 strength.
At a true 5:1 concentration, both products represent the most potent form of Gui Pi Pian (Tang/Wan) on the market. One tablet or pill is equal to 1 gram of raw herb. Both tablets and pills have the same formulation.
Gui Pi Pian
tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency.
A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula,
and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets,
which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe.
The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang®
in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility
and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang®
products, you are taking advantage of a
wonderful fusion of
science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today.
Guang Ci Tang® Advantages
so pure, so powerful, so affordable
- Double the concentration of other Chinese herb concentrated pills
- Pure water extract using minimal or no fillers/binders
- No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes
- Comprehensive heavy metal testing in accordance with the US Pharmacopeia
- Proprietary extraction and formulation technology
- Reduced daily dose and larger pack size for longer use
- Made in a pharmaceutical cGMP certified facility
- Safely used in the USA since 1995
Check for an independent US lab test report.
How do I use it?
The standard dosage for Gui Pi Pian (Wan) is 6 tablets or pills taken 2 to 3 times daily with or before meals. One bottle lasts users 11 to 17 days.
Gui Pi Pian (Wan) is a mild tonic and therefore it takes time before its effects become apparent. It may take one month or more before symptoms begin to improve. An initial course of treatment is suggested as 4 - 6 bottles taken at the full dose.
Differentiation in Usage
Gui Pi Wan is similar to Tian Wang Bu Xin Wan
and Te Xiao Zao Ren An Mian Wan
in use for insomnia and palpitation. Gui Pi Wan is more suitable when tiredness, pale face, short of breath, or poor appetite also occur. Te Xiao Zao Ren An Mian Wan is more suitable when night sweats or dizziness also occur. Tian Wang Bu Xin Wan is more suitable when dreaminess, emission, constipation, oral ulcer occur.
Gui Pi Pian (Wan) has been safely used with few adverse effects when used as directed.
- 1. Use it under the direction of a herbalist if you are pregnant, child, have diabetes, or high blood pressure.
- 2. Not suitable for use if you have a fever.
- 3. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you are taking other medicines.
- 4. Better to use before meal.
- 5. Better to avoid oily food like French fries.
- 6. If any adverse symptom occurs, discontinue use.
- 7. Keep out of reach of children.
SpleenVive™ is gluten free
In the Media
- 1. China Pharmacopoeia 2000.
- 2. Chen Q. Renowned Patent Traditional Chinese Medicines: Pharmacology and Clinical Applications (1998).