A major health concern of the liver is hepatitis. Hepatitis is mostly caused by hepatitis viruses and is common among Asians. For example, one out of ten Chinese is chronically infected by hepatitis B virus (HBV) and is HBsAG (hepatitis B surface antigen) positive. HBV can persist for years or even decades and, in most cases, does not cause chronic hepatitis symptoms like poor appetite, fatigue, and low fever. However, in some people, continuous inflammation of the liver will gradually cause liver fibrosis and scars, resulting in cirrhosis and, sometimes, liver cancer.
Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) has been studied extensively on how to treat hepatitis and revive liver function. Analysis of TCM patterns displayed by chronic hepatitis revealed most chronic hepatitis patients appear to have a problem of both Liver Qi stagnation and Spleen deficiency. Accordingly, strengthening the Spleen and dispersing Liver Qi has been adapted as a main strategy in treating chronic hepatitis by TCM and yielded satisfactory results in China. LiverVive™ is our signature formula that follows the strategy.
LiverVive is composed of 9 Chinese herbs that collectively invigorate the Spleen, disperse the Liver Qi stagnation to benefit the Liver.† The Chinese medicine may be used for chronic hepatitis with an enlarged spleen, or with fatigue, poor appetite, pain in the right hypochondriac region, and abdominal discomfort.† The Chinese medicine may protect the liver from damages and enhance the immune function of the body for the clearance of the virus.†
In a clinical study, a Chinese herbal formula that is similar to LiverVive was used to treat 50 chronic hepatitis B patients. After 3 months of treatment, 20 patients were fully recovered, 28 were significantly improved, 2 were not improved, the effective rate is much higher than that of the control group in which the standard treatment was applied.† Remarkably, hepatitis B markers in 3 patients turned negative.1†
In LiverVive, Astragalus, Atractylodes, Poria, and Licorice constitute a modified form of Si Jun Zi Tang, a famous Chinese medicine that supplements Spleen Qi and improve digestion; Bupleurum, White peony, Bitter orange, and Licorice are basically Si Ni San, a regarded ancient formula that moves Liver Qi and regulates the Liver.
• Huang Qi (Astragalus root) is a famous Chinese herb that enhances Qi energy and tonifies the Spleen. Many studies have found that Astragalus can enhance the immune function, which is largely dependent on the spleen, in consistent with the role of Astragalus in TCM in defending the body from pathogenic toxins and strengthening the spleen.
• Bai Zhu (Atractylodes rhizome) is a key tonic for the Spleen and dries Dampness.
• Fu Ling (Poria) acts to remove Dampness but it also strengthens the Spleen.
• Gan Cao (Licorice root) tonifies Spleen and Qi and moderates the action of the other herbs.
• Chai Hu (Bupleurum root) relieves the stagnated Liver Qi and reduces fever.
• Bai Shao (Poeny root) nourishes the blood, harmonizes the liver and relieves pain.
• Zhi Ke (Bitter orange) regulates Qi and disperses fullness in the chest and abdominal distension.
• Dan Shen (Salvia root) promotes blood circulation and removes blood stasis. The Chinese herb is often used to treat hepatitis in China. Studies have suggested that it may protect the liver from liver damages due to viral infection and chemicals like alcohol and from liver fibrosis;
• Yan Hu Suo (Corydalis rhizome) invigorates the Blood, moves Qi, and alleviates pain.
What is the formula composition?
A proprietary blend of
| Radix Astragali Membranacei|
Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae
Radix Atractylodis Macrocephalae
Radix Paeoniae Lactiflorae
Sclerotium Poriae Cocos
Radix Bupleuri Chinensis
Radix Glycyrrhizae Uralensis
Fructus Aurantii (poncirus trifoliata)
| (Huang Qi)|
(Yan Hu Suo)
LiverVive™ is a Guang Ci Tang signature formula.
LiverVive™ tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency. A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula, and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets, which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe. The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang® in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang® products, you are taking advantage of a wonderful fusion of science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today.
- True 5:1 concentration
- Double the strength of other brands
- Minimal or no fillers and binders
- No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes
- Comprehensive lab testing (e.g., heavy metals,etc.)
- Made in a cGMP certified facility
- Unbeatable value
- Safely used in the USA since 1995
Check for an independent US lab test report.
- Avoid oily, cold, and spicy food for best results.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol for best results.
- Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you are taking other medicines.
- Keep out of reach of children.