What does it do?
Huang Lian Shang Qing Pian (Huang Lian Shang Qing Wan, CoptisClear™, 黄连上清片
) is a popular Chinese herbal medicine that clears Heat-Wind, purges Fire, and removes toxins. This formula is used for the TCM syndrome that includes bloodshot eyes, canker sores, toothache, and constipation.†
What is the formula composition?
A proprietary blend of
| Rhizoma Coptidis Recens |
Fructus Gardeniae Jasminoidis
Fructus Forsythiae Suspensae
Radix Saposhnikoviae Divaricatae
Herba Schizonepetae Tenuifoliae
Radix Angelicae Dahuricae
Radix Scutellariae Baicalensis
Flos Chrysanthemi Morifolii
Herba Menthae Haplocalycis
Radix Et Rhizoma Rhei
Cortex Phellodendri Chinensis
Radix Platycodi Grandiflori
Rhizoma Ligustici Chuanxiong
Radix Glycyrrhizae Uralensis
| (Huang Lian) |
(Man Jing Zi)
(Xuan Fu Hua)
What is Available?
Guang Ci Tang
® Huang Lian Shang Qing Pian (CoptisClear™) 40 grams in 200 mg 200 tablets @ 5:1 strength.
At a true 5:1 concentration, this product represents the most potent form of Huang Lian Shang Qing Pian (Wan) on the market. One tablet is equal to 1 gram of raw herb.
Please note that Guang Ci Tang® Huang Lian Shang Qing Wan in the pill form, which has the same formulation as the tablet, is discontinued.
Huang Lian Shang Qing Pian
tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency.
A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula,
and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets,
which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe.
The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang®
in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility
and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang®
products, you are taking advantage of a
wonderful fusion of
science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today.
Guang Ci Tang® Advantages
so pure, so powerful, so affordable
- Double the concentration of other Chinese herb concentrated pills
- Pure water extract using minimal or no fillers/binders
- No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes
- Comprehensive heavy metal testing in accordance with the US Pharmacopeia
- Proprietary extraction and formulation technology
- Reduced daily dose and larger pack size for longer use
- Made in a pharmaceutical cGMP certified facility
- Safely used in the USA since 1995
Check for an independent US lab test report.
How do I use it?
The standard dosage for CoptisClear™ is 5 tablets taken 2 to 3 times daily with or before meals. One bottle lasts users 13 to 20 days. The dose may be doubled for a quicker and stronger response as needed (e. g., in an acute phase). Consult your practitioner for precise dosage recommendations based on body weight and other factors.
Differentiation in Usage
Huang Lian Shang Qing Pian (Wan) has been safely used with few adverse effects when it is used as directed.
- 1. Use with caution during pregnancy.
- 2. Not recommended for use if you have poor digestion function.
- 3. Not recommended for use together with Chinese tonic herbs.
- 4. Avoid spicy and chilly food.
- 5. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you have diabetes, chronic disease of kidney, heart, or liver.
- 6. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you are taking other medicines.
- 7. Keep out of reach of children.
CoptisClear™ is gluten free
In the Media