What does it do?
Long Dan Xie Gan Wan clears away sthenic fire in the liver and gallbladder meridians, eliminates damp heat in the lower energizer.† The Chinese medicine is used for hyperactivity in sthenic fire in the liver and gallbladder meridians marked by headache, hypochondriac pain, conjunctival congestion, bitter taste in the mouth, deafness, otalgia. † The Chinese medicine is also effective for downbearing of damp heat in the liver meridian marked by darkish turbid urine, vaginal pruritus, vaginal swelling, scrotal swelling, leukorrhea, reddish tongue with yellowish greasy fur, wiry and slippery and strong pulse.†
What is the formula composition?
A proprietary blend of
| Radix Gentianae Scabrae |
Radix Bupleuri Chinensis
Rhizoma Alismatis Orientalis
Radix Rehmanniae Glutinosae
Radix Scutellariae Baicalensis
Fructus Gardeniae Jasminoidis
Medulla Tetrapanacis Papyriferi
Radix Angelicae Sinensis
Radix Glycyrrhizae Uralensis
| (Long Dan Cao) |
(Sheng Di Huang)
(Che Qian Zi)
|Please notice that this product does not contain Caulis Aristolochiae Manshuriensis (Guan Mu Tong), the herb ingredient in the original formula that contributes to aristolochic acid. |
What is Available?
Guang Ci Tang
® Long Dan Xie Gan Pian (Liver FireClear™) 40 grams in 200 mg 200 tablets @ 5:1 strength.
Guang Ci Tang® Long Dan Xie Gan Wan (Liver FireClear™) 40 grams in 200 mg 200 pills @ 5:1 strength.
At a true 5:1 concentration, both products represent the most potent form of Long Dan Xie Gan Pian (Tang/Wan) on the market. One tablet or pill is equal to 1 gram of raw herb. Both tablets and pills have the same formulation.
Long Dan Xie Gan Pian
tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency.
A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula,
and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets,
which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe.
The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang®
in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility
and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang®
products, you are taking advantage of a
wonderful fusion of
science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today.
Guang Ci Tang® Advantages
so pure, so powerful, so affordable
- Double the concentration of other Chinese herb concentrated pills
- Pure water extract using minimal or no fillers/binders
- No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes
- Comprehensive heavy metal testing in accordance with the US Pharmacopeia
- Proprietary extraction and formulation technology
- Reduced daily dose and larger pack size for longer use
- Made in a pharmaceutical cGMP certified facility
- Safely used in the USA since 1995
Check for an independent US lab test report.
How do I use it?
The standard dosage for Long Dan Xie Gan Pian (Wan) is 5 tablets or pills taken 2 to 3 times daily with or before meals. One bottle lasts users 2 to 3 weeks.
The dose may be doubled for a quicker and stronger response as needed (e. g., in an acute phase). Consult your practitioner for precise dosage recommendations based on body weight and other factors.
Liver FireClear™ is a mild tonic and therefore it takes time before its effects become apparent. It may take one month or more before symptoms begin to improve. An initial course of treatment is suggested as 4 - 6 bottles taken at the full dose.
Differentiation in Usage
As mentioned above, Long Dan Xie Gan Wan in some formulation has been implicated in kidney damages. It is important to inspect any product of Long Dan Xie Gan Wan before use to make sure it does not contain Caulis Aristolochiae Manshuriensis (Guan Mu Tong) in its ingredients.
- 1. Use with caution during pregnancy.
- 2. Use with caution if you are old, weak, or with loose stool.
- 3. Avoid oily (like french fries) and spicy food.
- 4. Do not use it together with tonic Chinese herbs.
- 5. Does not use it for a long time.
- 6. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you have heart, arrhythmia, hypertension, kidney, diabetes liver and other chronic diseases.
- 7. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you are taking other medicines.
- 8. Keep out of reach of children.
Liver FireClear™ is gluten free
In the Media