Codonopsis (Dang Shen) is well known for replenishing Qi and is often used as a Ginseng substitute for its similar action to Ginseng or its affordability. Codonopsis strengthens the Spleen, a replenishing source of Qi energy after birth, and tonifies the Lungs, also a Qi source. Moreover, Codonopsis generates Fluids and tonifies the Blood. Its applications include fatigue, tiredness, short of breath, and loss of appetite etc.† Modern studies have found that Codonopsis extracts have a protective effect on the formation of peptic ulcers induced by stress and inhibit the secretion of pepsin in the stomach.1 Codonopsis is also reported to strengthen the immune function and increase the count of red blood cells and the level of hemoglobin.
Astragalus (Huang Qi) is one of the most commonly used Chinese tonic herbs. It enhances Qi and strengthens the defensive line of the body against the invasion of external pathogenic factors.† Astragalus also promotes urination to reduce edema and generates muscles.† Astragalus has a synergistic action with Codonopsis in raising Qi energy in case of fatigue and weak Qi. In consistent with its role in TCM in protecting the body from disease, studies have found that Astragalus may stimulate the immune function in several ways.2
The combination of Codonopsis and Astragalus can be used as a general tonic to build up the physical strength and the immune function. It is especially good for those who easily get tired after some activity at work, home, or outdoors, have pale face, are lack of interest in doing things or talking, lack of appetite, or easily catch cold/flu.† As the formula is simple and both herbs have excellent safety profiles, it is also ideal to start it as adaptogen for those who have not used Chinese herbs before or have concerns about taking Chinese herbs.
| Radix Astragalus |
| (Huang Qi) |
Shen Qi Da Bu Pian (Wan) tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency. A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula, and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets, which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe. The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang® in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang® products, you are taking advantage of a wonderful fusion of science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today.
- 1. For best result, avoid oily, spicy food while taking the product.
- 2. Use with caution if you have any digestion disorder.
- 3. Not recommended for use when you are having a cold.
- 4. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you have hypertension or diabetes.
- 5. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you are taking other medicines.
- 6. Only to be used by children under adult's direction.
- 7. Keep out of reach of children.
- True 5:1 concentration
- Double the strength of other brands
- Minimal or no fillers and binders
- No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes
- Comprehensive lab testing (e.g., heavy metals,etc.)
- Made in a cGMP certified facility
- Unbeatable value
- Safely used in the USA since 1995