Clearly, keeping a healthy cardiovascular system is of vital importance. One needs to keep a normal level of blood cholesterols and lipids to minimize the build up of plaques (clots) and to lower blood viscosity for a smooth blood flow; one needs to keep a normal level of blood pressure to minimize the risks of most cardiovascular diseases. No wonder the drugs for reducing cholesterol like lipitor, for thinning the blood like plavix, and for lowering blood pressure are the mostly demanded medicines.
Accumulation of plaques or clots in blood vessels is referred as blood stasis or blood stagnation in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). Many Chinese herbs are well known to disperse blood stasis and activate blood. They are widely used in China to deal with diseases related to the cardiovascular system such as coronary heart disease (CHD, or coronary artery disease, CAD), atherosclerosis, angina, chest pain, numbness of the extremities, vertigo, stroke etc. In biomedical studies, these Chinese herbs are shown to increase blood flow, inhibit platelet aggregation, and reduce blood pressure.†
Vessowell™ is a Guang Ci Tang signature Chinese herbal formula for promoting cardiovascular health.† It also activates the meridian channels.† The Chinese medicine is a properietary combination of the following Chinese herbs.
• Dan Shen (Salvia root) is perhaps the best known and the most commonly used Chinese herb for promoting blood circulation and removing blood stasis.† Extensive biomedical studies on Danshen suggest that it improves microcirculation, dilates coronary arteries, inhibits platelet aggregation and thrombosis, and protects against myocardial ischemia and stroke.1,2 A Dan Shen preparation was recently reported to have successfully passed a phase II clinical trial for angina pectoris in USA.
• Chuan Xiong is a key Chinese herb that invigorates Blood, moves Qi, expels Wind, and relieves Pain. It acts similarly to Salvia root in increasing blood flow to coronary arteries, reducing blood clots, lowering blood pressure, relieving chest pain associated with Qi and Blood Stasis.†
• Huang Qi (Astragalus root) is a key Chinese herb that tonifies Qi and enhances the immune function. It also benefits the cardiovascular system and is shown to dilate coronary arteries and lower hypertension.†
• Xia Ku Cao (Prunella) clears liver fire and dissolves mass. The Chinese herb is also shown to decrease blood pressure.†
• Niu Xi (Achyranthes root) both invigorates the blood to remove blood stasis and nourishes the liver and the kidneys to strengthen bones and tendons. The Chinese herb also clears Wind and Dampness.
• Gou Teng (Uncaria twig) clears heat and calms the Liver. The Chinese herb has a property of reducing blood pressure.†
• Yu Jin (Curcuma root) both activates blood and moves Qi to relieve chest pain due to Qi stagnation and blood stasis.†
• Tian Ma (Gastrodia root) calms Wind and clears the meridians. In modern biochemical studies, Gastrodia extracts are shown to be analgesic, reduce hypertension; Remarkably, Gastrodin, a compound isolated from gastrodia, are found to protect neurons in the brain from damages during cerebral ischemia (loss of blood supply in the brain).3
• Sang Ji Sheng (Mulberry twig) nourishes the liver and the kidneys and strengthens bones and tendons. It is also beneficial to the cardiovascular system.
• Bai Shao (White peony root) nourishes the blood, harmonizes the liver and relieves pain. The Chinese herb dilates blood vessels and increases blood flow.†
What is the formula composition?
A proprietary blend of
| Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae|
Rhizoma Ligustici Chuanxiong
Radix Astragali Membranacei
Radix Achyranthis Bidentatae
Ramulus Uncariae Cum Uncis
Rhizoma Gastrodiae Elatae
Radix Paeoniae Lactiflorae
| (Dan Shen)|
(Xia Ku Cao)
(Sang Ji Sheng)
Youngain™ is a Guang Ci Tang signature formula.
Vessowell™ tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency. A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula, and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets, which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe. The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang® in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang® products, you are taking advantage of a wonderful fusion of science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today.
- True 5:1 concentration
- Double the strength of other brands
- Minimal or no fillers and binders
- No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes
- Comprehensive lab testing (e.g., heavy metals,etc.)
- Made in a cGMP certified facility
- Unbeatable value
- Safely used in the USA since 1995
- Use with caution if you are using blood thinners like aspirin and walfarin as Vessowell may enhance their effect.
- Keep out of reach of children.