What does it do?
Ba Zhen Pian (Ba Zhen Tang, Ba Zhen Wan, Tonics8™, 八珍片
) nourishes vital qi (energy) and benefits blood. It is used for spontaneous deficiency of both qi and blood marked by pale or sallow complexion, palpitation, shortness of breath, laziness to talk, weakness of limbs, dizziness, loss of appetite, pale tongue with thin and whitish fur, and feeble pulse. The Chinese medicine is also used for anemia due to deficiency of qi and blood, myasthenia of the limbs, heavy menstrual bleeding, and abdominal pain during menstruation. †
What is the formula composition?
A proprietary blend of
| Radix Codonopsis Pilosulae |
Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae
Sclerotium Poriae Cocos
Radix Glycyrrhizae Uralensis
Radix Angelicae Sinensis
Radix Paeoniae Lactiflorae
Rhizoma Ligustici Chuanxiong
Radix Rehmanniae Preparata
| (Dang Shen) |
(Shu Di Huang)
What is Available?
Guang Ci Tang
® Ba Zhen Pian (Tonics8™) 40 grams in 200 mg 200 tablets @ 5:1 strength.
At a true 5:1 concentration, this product represents the most potent form of Ba Zhen Pian (Tang/Wan) on the market. One tablet is equal to 1 gram of raw herb.
Please note that Guang Ci Tang® Ba Zhen Wan in the pill form, which has the same formulation as the tablet, is discontinued.
Ba Zhen Pian
tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency.
A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula,
and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets,
which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe.
The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang®
in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility
and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang®
products, you are taking advantage of a
wonderful fusion of
science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today.
Guang Ci Tang® Advantages
so pure, so powerful, so affordable
- Double the concentration of other Chinese herb concentrated pills
- Pure water extract using minimal or no fillers/binders
- No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes
- Comprehensive heavy metal testing in accordance with the US Pharmacopeia
- Proprietary extraction and formulation technology
- Reduced daily dose and larger pack size for longer use
- Made in a pharmaceutical cGMP certified facility
- Safely used in the USA since 1995
Check for an independent US lab test report.
How do I use it?
The standard dosage for Tonics8™ is 5 tablets taken 2 to 3 times daily with or before meals. One bottle lasts users 2 to 3 weeks. The dose may be doubled for a quicker and stronger response as needed (e. g., in an acute phase). Consult your practitioner for precise dosage recommendations based on body weight and other factors.
Tonics8™ is a tonic and therefore it usually takes time before its effects become apparent. It may take one month or more before symptoms begin to improve. An initial course of treatment is suggested as 4 - 6 bottles taken at the full dose.
Differentiation in Usage
Please do not confuse Ba Zhen Pian (Tonics8™) with Ba Zheng Pian (UTflow™), a completely different formula for urinary track health.
Ba Zhen Pian (Wan) may sometimes cause indigestion.
- 1. Use with caution if you are pregnant.
- 2. Do not use together with cold medicine.
- 3. Not suitable for if you have indigestion problems.
- 4. Only to be used by children under adult's direction.
- 5. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you are taking other medicines.
- 6. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you have hypertension, or you are children, old or very weak.
- 7. Keep out of reach of children.
In the Media